now a break for some Taylor Swift advertisement on your dash. inspired by (x)
How impressive is this Gif Set??
WHO MADE THIS?? I LOVE IT!
THIS IS PERFECT
WOWThis made me get goosebumps.
YOU NIQQAS WANNA LEARN ELVISH?! HERE YA GO!
is this legit?
This is legit. My husband, sitting across the room, looks over and says, “IS THAT SOMEONE SHOWING HOW TO CONVERT ENGLISH TO TENGWAR? BECAUSE THAT’S THE WAY!”
Believe this man. He owns atlases of Middle Earth, the complete history of Middle Earth (leatherbound), and has read the books at least 150 times. Also: speaks elvish.
What if there are two vowels in a row?
Does anyone know the answer to that last question?
I believe you find the closest approximation in sound (‘u’ with a silent ‘e’ at the end replaces ‘oo’, for instance) and just go with it. Although that does beg the question of diphthongs, always one of the trickiest types of phonemes to wrap one’s head around. (Did you know that the English “long I” sound, as in ‘mice’, is a diphthong— a vowel blend— of ‘ah’ and ‘ee’?)
Really, though, this is the best introduction to Tengwar I’ve ever seen. Applause, man. Wow.
reblog if u were on tumblr before yahoo bought it
IT’S LITERALLY BEEN LIKE A DAY AND WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TRYING TO ACHIEVE WITH THIS POST
only a true tumblrite would understand. you just outed yourself as a yahooligan
My heart literally just shattered into a million pieces…
I’m here if you need someone to talk to x
5 Minute CRISPY Sweet Potato Chips
I was pretty shocked when I discovered this recipe. It’s UHMAZING.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- Sweet potato
- Salt (or any other seasoning)
- Olive oil spray can
- Use a mandolin and slice up your sweet potato (try to find one that has an even girth throughout the entire length of the potato so you have evenly sized chips)
- Cut parchment paper the size of your glass plate inside the microwave
- Lay the chips in a single layer on the parchment paper
- Lightly spray with non-stick spray and salt them
- Microwave on 100% power for 2 minutes 30 seconds (Please note: This measurement was for MY microwave, so please be aware of your own) You will know they are done when they start to lightly brown, but do not wait till they entirely brown — that would mean it burnt)
- Let the chips cool, and they will turn crispy :)
PROOF OF CRISPY-NESS (didn’t edit the video hehe)